Saturday 3 December 2016

The Media Game

Fortunately, my menopause is now becoming a distant memory, but it was not too much trouble. I don't think I had any noticeable symptoms really, and it was over very quickly. 
My attitude is that the menopause is a natural part of life and you don't need to worry too much about it. Just accept it and remember that it does pass. For me, it now seems a very long time ago.
Daily Mail, c. 2006

This is a curious slice of Brookneriana. Brookner rarely took part in the media game. One guesses she was rung up by a Mail journalist - her words have a spoken rather than a written feel. In the piece she was presented alongside other celebrities - incongruous company - and the accompanying photograph was one of her most benign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are always welcome. (Please note: there will be a short delay before publication, as comments are moderated.)